Sr. Lighting/Lookdev Generalist TD (Contract)
The Embassy is currently seeking a Senior Lighting/Lookdev Generalist TD to join our team for work on upcoming film, tv & advertising work.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take an asset or shot to a final quality hitting all notes
- Meet project milestones and deadlines on time
- Collaborate with other artists to share knowledge and techniques
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Keen eye for lighting photorealistic and stylized shots
- Technical shading knowledge matched with an artistic skill to successfully take an asset through the look-development process
- Our pipeline is Maya>Houdini with all our shading/lighting and rendering done through Mantra or Redshift in Houdini. Knowledge of software and platforms should ideally include Houdini, Maya, Mantra, Redshift, Mari, and Nuke
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years industry experience in commercials, film or TV
- Strong understanding of multiple aspects of the VFX pipeline
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Ample-cross training opportunities
- A fun and collaborative environment
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Subsidized bike share program
The Embassy is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films, television, and commercials.
We require someone who is able to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver an extremely high level of work.
Please note: At this time we are considering applications only from those artists who are legally eligible to work in Canada (ie Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or currently hold an open work permit).