Sr. Lighting/Lookdev Generalist TD (Contract)
The Embassy VFX is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films & commercials.
We are currently looking for a Senior Lighting/Lookdev Generalist TD to join our team for work on upcoming feature and commercial work.
We require someone who is able to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver an extremely high level of work.
Please note: At this time we are considering applications only from those artists who are legally eligible to work in Canada (ie Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or currently hold an open work permit).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take an asset or shot to a final quality hitting all notes
- Meet project milestones and deadlines on time
- Collaborate with other artists to share knowledge and techniques
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Keen eye for lighting photorealistic and stylized shots
- Technical shading knowledge matched with an artistic skill to successfully take an asset through the look-development process
- Our pipeline is Maya>Houdini with all our shading/lighting and rendering done through Mantra or Redshift in Houdini. Knowledge of software and platforms should ideally include Houdini, Maya, Mantra, Redshift, Mari, and Nuke
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years industry experience in commercials, film or TV
- Strong understanding of multiple aspects of the VFX pipeline
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Ample-cross training opportunities
- A fun and collaborative environment
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Subsidized bike share program