Are you a well-rounded Animator who is passionate about working on upcoming film, television and advertising projects? The Embassy is hiring for an Animator to join our team!
You are an experienced Animator with industry experience in film, commercials, and/or TV. You thrive in an environment where you the freedom to leverage all aspects of our feature-film level pipelines to get assets and shots to final. Lastly, you are a superb communicator who can give and receive feedback and apply it to your work.
- Deliver high-quality animation
- Work within studio best practices, follow guidelines, and keep scenes clean and organized
- Prioritize and revise work based on direction from supervisors
- Meet project milestones and deadlines on time
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years industry experience in live-action commercials, film or TV
- Have a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, timing and form
- Skill in using platforms including Houdini, Maya, Mantra, Redshift, Mari, Substance and Nuke
- Have an understanding of rigging, cameras and scene layout
A day at The Embassy looks like......
- Work/life balance is our priority – we are intentional with scheduling overtime and do our best to keep the work within working hours and not on weekends
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Ample-cross training opportunities
- A fun and collaborative environment
About The Embassy
The Embassy is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films, television, and commercials. We are an independent creative studio with expertise in visual effects and production. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s Digital District, we work with global production companies, agencies and brands, in film, television and advertising.
What We Do
We provide an integrated approach to visual effects production from concept to delivery including design, direction & post-production. With over 15 years' experience creating best in class visual effects we utilize cgi, animation, motion graphics and compositing to create compelling imagery.
We have crafted award-winning visual effects for the world’s most recognized brands and film franchises. Our work has received accolades including Oscar nominations and numerous VES, Cannes, D&AD, Clio & ADCC awards.
Commitment to COVID-19 Safety
Our top priority is providing a safe and healthy workplace for our artists and support staff. As the situation surrounding COVID-19 evolves, we continue to monitor and follow the directives of the government and WorkSafeBC to ensure a secure working environment.
Artists will continue to work remotely from home until the situation surrounding COVID-19 stabilizes, after which time a hybrid model will be in place in accordance with health guidelines.
Ready to grow your career with a unique VFX studio? Apply today with your resume and demo reel!
Please note: At this time we are accepting applications only from those artists who are legally eligible to work in Canada (ie Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of an open work permit).