Animator (Expression of Interest)
The Embassy is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films & commercials.
We are currently fielding expressions of interest from suitably qualified Animators. Applicants will be added to our candidate pool for future feature, television and commercial projects.
We require artists who are able to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver an extremely high level of work.
Please note: At this time we are accepting applications only from those artists who are legally eligible to work in Canada (ie Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of an open work permit).
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver high-quality animation;
- Working within studio best practices, follow guidelines, and keep scenes clean and organized;
- Prioritize and revise work based on direction from supervisors;
- Meet project milestones and deadlines on time.
Education, Experience & Skills Required
- Have a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, timing and form;
- Good knowledge of animation in Maya or similar packages;
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years industry experience in commercials, film or TV;
- Ideally has an understanding of rigging, cameras and scene layout.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A fun and collaborative environment
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Ample cross-training opportunities
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Subsidized bike share program