The Embassy VFX is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films & commercials.
If you have an advanced knowledge of Nuke and other compositing software, a creative eye and an insight into emerging technology, please read on.
We require someone who is able to work autonomously in a fast paced environment to deliver an extremely high level of work. You should be comfortable working with clients, have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and technical knowledge and also have relevant experience in a film or TV environment.
We are ideally looking for someone who can provide creative direction and has the experience of leading a team through all phases of production.
Reels must be accompanied with a detailed shot breakdown.
*IMPORTANT* We are currently only considering applications from those who are Canadian citizen / residents or who have current work permits for Canada.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish certain looks or solves particular design or effects challenges for the show
- Collaborate with your team to share knowledge and techniques
- Solve technical challenges and recognizes areas for improvement
- Pitching and quoting for new work with the production team
- Liaise with production team to assign shots, monitor throughput and schedule deliveries
- Attend shoots and assist vfx supervisors with their duties
- Oversee recruiting, mentoring and training of artists in your teams
- Supervise quality control on all shots leaving the facility
- Composite shots when required
- Setup and manage the color pipeline for each show
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Minimum 10+ years photorealisc visual effects compositing experience in film, TV or commercials
- At least 2+ years experience in a leadership or supervisory role
- Expert with Nuke. Knowledge of other compositing, finishing & editorial tools an asset
- Experience in a Linux & OSX environment
- Should possess a keen eye for color and color matching
- Should have strong knowledge of compositing workflow and other major aspects of post production
- Understanding of film & video broadcast standards and video & graphics formats
- Understanding of the technical aspects of pipeline development e.g. python, gizmo’s etc.
- Good understanding of editorial and color files and formats e.g. EDL, XML AAF, CDL, BLG etc.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to take direction positively, lead a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Committed to maintaining our client base
- Team oriented, and able to inspire a collaborative working environment
- and above all … have a great sense of humour!
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Ample cross-training opportunities
- A fun and collaborative environment
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Dog-friendly workplace